2016-06-29

Exercise - Order of adjective


            1.      The house is __________________.
·         large and white
·         white and large
·         large white 
            2.      Which sentence uses the correct order of adjectives?
·         We took a ride on a blue, old Chinese bus.
·         We took a ride on a Chinese, old, blue bus.
·         We took a ride on an old, blue Chinese bus.
3. Which sentence uses the correct order of adjectives?
·         I’d like three good reasons why you don’t like spinach.
·         I’d like a good three reasons why you don’t like spinach.
·         I’d like good reasons three why you don’t like spinach.
4. Which sentence uses the correct order of adjectives?
·         I like that really big red old antique tractor in the museum.
·         I like that really big old red antique tractor in the museum.
·         I like that old, red, really big antique tractor in the museum.
5. Which sentence uses the correct order of adjectives?
·         My brother rode a beautiful big black Friesian horse in the parade.
·         My brother rode a beautiful Friesian big black horse in the parade.
·         My brother rode a big, black, beautiful Friesian horse in the parade.
6.  My grandmother lives in the ________________________ house on the corner
·         little blue, green and white
·         little blue and green and white
·         little, blue, green, and white
      7. I bought a pair of _________________ boots.
·         new, nice, red rain
·         nice new red rain
·         red nice new rain
8. I was surprised to receive a __________________ puppy for my birthday.
·         little, cute, eight-week-old golden retriever
·         cute eight-week-old little golden retriever
·         cute little eight-week-old golden retriever


9. Which sentence uses the correct order of adjectives?
·         Our grandparents drive a motorhome with black and white stripes.
·         Our grandparents drive a motorhome with black with white stripes.
·         Our grandparents drive a motorhome with black, white stripes.
10. Which sentence uses the correct order of adjectives?
·         During my college years, I wore a red, white and black big hat to sporting events.
·         During my college years, I wore a big red, white and black hat to sporting events.
·         During my college years, I wore a big red white and black, hat to sporting events.

Answer:
1.      Large and white
2.      We took a ride on an old, blue Chinese bus.
3.      A
4.      B
5.      A
6.      little blue, green and white
7.      nice new red rain
8.      cute little eight-week-old golden retriever
9.      A
10.  B


No comments:

Post a Comment